Sunday, December 19, 2010

A week of Old Friends and New Friends

This week started with lots of stress due to finals but took a turn for WONDERFUL because of friends.  I took my last final on Tuesday morning and immediately after it was over a huge weight was lifted and I knew it was time to relax and unwind.  After my test I did a little shopping and found some amazing deals, then I went home and took a nap, also amazing!  That night I went out with a group of girls from church.  We went to dinner at a hibachi grill where we had an over-the-top chef that kept us laughing.  We went to Marji's house for dessert, a game of white elephant, and lots of talking.  It was so wonderful getting to talk and not be interrupted by a kid or a fight! We talked and laughed until after midnight.  I am so grateful to have found such a great group of new friends. This was the perfect night to end a stressful couple of weeks.
The next day I went to Hot Springs with Jenn, my oldest, bestest friend(yes I know that's not a word) to visit some friends from the Arlington that I hadn't seen in over 2 years!  We worked at the Arlington as a banquet waitresses for about 4 years.  I absolutely loved working there, mainly because of who I worked with.  All of these friends are at least twice my age but they worked circles around me!  I can't believe it has been over 8 years since I have worked there. It feels like just yesterday I was putting on a white shirt, bow tie, and vest(I don't miss the uniforms).  They are some of the hardest working people I have ever met and I have so much respect and love for them.
Thursday night we went out with the McCabes to celebrate Kyle's birthday.  I love Kyle and Mary! They are hilarious and we always have fun with them!  They are the type of friends where you can talk about anything and everything with! We have followed each other out to Utah and back to Arkansas over the past two years and love them!
Saturday night we went to Conway to celebrate Jenn's little Anna's first birthday.  Once again I was surrounded by wonderful friends!!  I was so sad last year because I wasn't able to be there for the birth of this sweet little girl, so I am so happy I could celebrate the Big ONE with her.
I am so grateful for all of my old and new friends that I have at this time.  Good friends are hard to find, but when you find them, they bring so much happiness and joy into your life!!
Thank you to all my Friends who made this week AMAZING and STRESS-FREE!!

3 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

we are SO glad that ya'll are home and we don't ever want to be that far away from you again, you are not only my best friend but you are the sister that I never had but always wanted! I love ya!

Clare said...

what am i? chopped liver? :)

love your guts!

Andrea said...

I loved hanging out with you and getting to know you better. I am so excited for more girls nights. I am so thankful for friends.