Thursday, May 24, 2012

Maddy’s Last Week of School

 

It’s hard to believe that the school year is over and Madison is going to be in the third grade!  They had award day on Tuesday.  Maddy recieved several different awards.  She got “Advanced Reader 2”, “Citizenship Award”, “All-excellence Student award”, and “Most likely to become a teacher award”(her class voted on this one, her teacher always says Maddy could take over and teach the class for her). 

May 2012 045May 2012 048

We love Mrs. Stroud!  She has been a WONDERFUL teacher and Maddy adores her.  I was reading through some of Maddy’s journal writings the other day and came across one about Unlikely Friends and this is what is said:

I have been unlikely friends with Mrs. Stroud.  She is very nice.  It’s unlikely because Mrs. Stroud is a teacher and I’m a kid!  But I am number two so I get to talk to her a lot.  She makes me laugh a lot.  We are friends because we both enjoy each others company.  That is my unlikely friend.”

I thought that was too sweet!

May 2012 049

 Yesterday was Carnival Day at school.  It turned out to be a GREAT carnival and Maddy had a blast!  This is Maddy and one of her good friends Hannah.

May 2012 072May 2012 073

Livy was so excited to go and talked about the “Carn-ee-val” for weeks!  Ellie enjoyed being outside!

May 2012 071    May 2012 058

Livy’s favorite thing was the Giant Slide!  She probably went down it 20+ times!  Is it awkward that when I sent Maddy and Livy to get themselves a drink, they came back with a Diet Coke??  That’s my girl! :)

May 2012 059  May 2012 063

Maddy’s favorite part of the Carnival was the water.  They had a fire truck come up to the school and hooked the hose up to the hydrant and shot water onto the playground.  Maddy was drenched!

May 2012 061 May 2012 060

May 2012 064 May 2012 065 May 2012 070

Congrats Maddy on another wonderful year of school!!  We are so proud of all your hard work and achievements in the second grade!

No comments: