Friday, August 15, 2008

Maddy talks to Everyone!!



My sweet little Maddy loves to talk!! She wants to talk to anyone and everyone!! She knows everyone's speed dial number on my phone and makes her daily phone calls to them. Half the time I don't even know she calls them. Here is an example of her talking to a complete stranger at Target as we are waiting in line:

Maddy:"I like your toenails!"
Lady:"Thankyou"
Maddy:"They are really pretty"
Lady:"Thank-you"
Maddy:"Did you get those done at the toenail store?"
Lady:"No, I did them myself."
Maddy:"Wow, how did you do them? Where did you get the color from?"(her toenails were orange)
Lady:"I bought the polish from the store and painted them myself"
Maddy:"I love them they are so pretty!"
Lady:"Thank you I appreciate you noticing b/c I have all boys at home and they don't care."

Next conversation with the check out lady

Maddy:"This my Deedah but she doesn't live here, she lives in Hot Springs. And she is buying that jacket for me and the other one is for Gabby. Gabby is my cousin but she lives in Utah."

I guess I shouldn't have made fun of my mom so much for talking to everyone and giving them her whole life story because now my daughter does it!!!






My mom came up yesterday to visit us. We hadn't seen her in a while so I was excited she was coming up. I think Maddy missed her too b/c she didn't stop talking to her the whole time she was here. It was Deedah this and Deedah that, we could barely get a word in. She also tried to get Deedah to spend the night with us. It was a fun afternoon, Thanks for coming up Mom!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Pam, that is funny! Caleb talks to everyone too. He invites total strangers to our house to watch Power Rangers or Transformers! I am always scared someone is going to take him up on the offer!!

jennifer rogers said...

she does come by it naturally doesn't she...i still laugh when I think about Kay ordering fast food...."yes my daughter pam just got done playing volleyball and she is really hungry so she wants a number one, and my son Gabe, he's the youngest, he'll take a number two....." and so on :) oh your mom and your child make me laugh....

Unknown said...

That's great :) Maddy is a nut :)I'm glad Mom got to come & see ya'll

Nick and Ashlee Weber Family said...

That is so funny!! My mom is the same way telling everyone our life story.

Danielle said...

So cute. I think she and Little Jack would get along really well.