Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving

 

We had a great/relaxing Thanksgiving this year.  It’s tradition to go to Branson with all the Baileys every Thanksgiving, but we weren’t able to go this year because of my job.  Then Grandma and Grandpa Bailey offered to take Maddy and Olivia with them.  We were hesitant at first because we didn’t want them gone for the holiday but changed our mind knowing we were going to have a pretty low-key weekend and they would miss out on a lot of fun.  So it was just Micha, Ellie, me and the Andersons at my parents. 

November 2012 021

I was a little bummed about not going to Branson(it’s my biggest shopping day of the year), but I was excited to get to spend Thanksgiving with some of my family.  As always, the food did not disappoint.  Micha and I made Bang Bang shrimp(they serve this at a restraunt in LR, Bonefish) and it was so GOOD.  My dad talked about it all day and if you know my dad, he isn’t the easiest person to impress when it comes to food.  Mom made crab stuffed mushrooms and smoked salmon and Marji made Jalepeno Popper dip(a favorite of ours).  These were just the appetizers…….

November 2012 008

Mom set the table with her wedding china.  I love eating on this china, it reminds of the holidays growing up because that was the only time we used it. (I think it’s beautiful and have requested to receive it several times:)  The glasses were some that my mom inherited recently that belonged to her grandma(I am loving them too) 

 November 2012 009

Thanksgiving lunch was all the usuals: ham, turkey, cornbread stuffing, nutmeg potatoes, green bean casserole,  and rolls.  Everything was perfect!  The best part about having a small crowd at thanksgiving is getting to take home lots of leftovers!

November 2012 012

Micha and Ellie enjoyed a 2 hour nap after lunch.

November 2012 014 November 2012 016

I love this time of year and I am thankful I was able to spend it with family.  I am thankful that my inlaws were so sweet to take our girls with them and give them lasting memories that they will always cherish. 

No comments: