Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Can we go to Disneyland?"

Maddy has been talking a lot about Disneyland and how much she wants to go. So the other day we were driving and she was asking if we could go and I told her we need to wait until Olivia is bigger. Maddy then says, "Are there Princesses at Disneyland?'' And I reply yes and she says, "then the Princesses can just hold Olivia and take care of her." So then I proceed to tell her that Disneyland is very expensive and we will have to start saving our money. That evening as Maddy was lying in bed she calls out to me and says, "Hey mom, I know how we can go to Disneyland!! You can get a job." She was as serious as can be. Micha and I were in the other room just looking at each other and shaking our heads. Micha found this very funny and commented, "Well, she does have a point." Why do little kids have to be so smart? I often think that kids are dumb and that I can always outsmart them. I am learning that this is not so. Maddy can come up with a logical solution to any excuse I give her!

1 comment:

Clare said...

Don't fall for it, Pam! She's trying to trick you! :)

That Maddy is too smart for her own good!