Sunday, September 14, 2008

Piercings, Parks, and Sleeping

We went Saturday and got Olivia's ears pierced. Some people might find this cruel but I think its better to do it when they won't remember it and it won't be so traumatic for them. Plus I think it is super cute. There was a little girl, about 5 years old, getting her ears done when we got there. She had dragged her mom there and begged to get her ears pierced. They got her up in the chair and it took 20 minutes of talking and bribing to get one ear done. She started screaming and crying about how bad it hurt and didn't want to do the other ear. While her mother was trying to convince her to do the other ear they did Olivia's. Micha held her while I looked the other way. They did both ears at the same time(by our request) so it was done with in just a few seconds. She cried pretty hard but just for a few minutes, we had a bottle ready to soothe her. The pic above is on the ride home, I think she was a little mad at me b/c she wouldn't look at me the whole ride home:( She does look pretty sad in that picture.



She was back to her happy self later and I think she forgave me:)


We went to the park Saturday morning before the rain started up. Maddy and Micha had a fun time playing. Olivia and I observed.





Just a cute pic of the girls in their pj's.

I thought she looked too cute with her hands behind her head like this. How sweet is she?
She rolled over for the first time(back to stomach) on Thursday. Now everytime we lay her down she is rolling all over the place. No more leaving her on the couch and ottoman! Why do they have to grow up so fast?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

We pierced Kalyn's ears at 3 months and Keali's at 4 months. I agree that it is easier when they are young. Easier to pierce, clean, and keep earrings in! We got a lot of looks from people, but I don't regret doing it.

Jennifer said...

I strongly support piercing before they remember it. I remember mine vividly and it hurt.

jennifer rogers said...

very cute.....olivia is getting sooo big and grown up with her new earrings!!

kristin said...

olivia is one of the cutest babies ever!!

Nick and Ashlee Weber Family said...

Cute kids! Give us a call anynight and we will play ya'll, we are not that good but we love to play.