Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thanks Gustav!!!





So, this morning around six o'clock I awake to Micha jumping on me. I ask him what in the world he was doing jumping on us. He asked, "Did you not here that." I thought he was just referring to the thunder. So Micha got up to check things out and I thought nothing of it and was getting Olivia back to sleep. He comes back in and tells me that a tree fell on our house. Sure enough the huge pine tree(that has been needed to be cut down since we moved in) was lying on our house! The tree is actually on our neighbors property but has been hovering nicely over our house. It didn't come through the house but it immediately caused a huge leak in the hall bathroom.

7 comments:

Jen T. said...

That is unfortunate. BTW David said the reason you didn't wake up was because you were probably dreaming about eating Twinkies and couldn't be disturbed by something so silly! Bah ha ha!

Melissa said...

Wow. Thank goodness nobody was hurt! BTW, you are officially the first person I have ever personally known who has had a tree fall on her house.

Trish said...

Glad y'all weren't hurt! That's crazy. Hope the house gets repaired soon. I just won't stay in a damaged home, you have 2 1/2 weeks ;)

jennifer rogers said...

that's crazy...hope you don't have to move out but if you do you can stay with us...we have two extra beds....

Nick and Ashlee Weber Family said...

WOW!!! That is so crazy, I glad y'all are all okay.

Sarah F. said...

That it pretty crazy! Glad no one was hurt. I sure wish I could sleep through a tree crashing into my house!

mimisuu said...

I feel so guilty about my blog when I see what you guys have gone through. I hope everything works out okay.
Marnita