Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Days!

 The girls wanted to go out as soon as it started sticking!
This was a couple of hours after it started snowing.
Liv staying warm after the first round of snow fun!
 This is a Snow Day staple!! Gotta have your Cocomotion.  We went through several batches of hot chocolate(Thanks Mom!)
 Madison's attempt at a snow man :) We will just call it a snow blob.  Good try.  I gave her hershey kisses for the eyes and Winston ate them!
Snow Angel



And this is how your kids end up after a long fun day of playing in the snow!

Snow days was one of the things I MISSED about Arkansas!  Life keeps going in Utah when it snows and I really didn't care for that.  Snow days are some of the best memories a child can have.  I can still remember snow days from when I was little.  We would be parked in front of the T.V. just waiting for "Lakeside Schools Closed" to flash at the bottom of the screen(Now you can get an instant text).  And once it did, it was celebration time.  We would all put on as many layers as we could get on, round up mismatched gloves and hats, and head out to play.  We had a couple of acres to explore and even a pond that froze over a time or two.  We played until we couldn't feel our fingers and toes.  Snow days were such a special and rare treat for us!  
The past couple of days were perfect!!  We played games, stayed warm by the fire, drank hot chocolate, and ate way too much!  I was also able to rearrange the girl's rooms, paint Madison's bed, and organize/eliminate toys.  Now I will enjoy my last week before school starts for me and the stress piles up again   


No comments: