Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ellie Harper Bailey

  I will have to post more pics of her birth later.  My dad and Marji were both taking pics with their nice cameras so I am waiting to get those (hint hint Marji :)Baby Ellie 008

Grandma DeVaux

Baby Ellie 010

Grandma Bailey

Baby Ellie 014

Coming home from the hospital

Baby Ellie 015

Big Sister Olivia

Baby Ellie 017

Daddy and Ellie

Baby Ellie 019 Madison and Ellie

Baby Ellie 022

Meet our newest addition, Ellie Harper Bailey.  She was born January 12, 2012 at 7:29 pm.  She weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 20 inches long.  This little girl made us wait patiently until her due date to make her arrival(she was well worth the wait).  I had gone to my doctor on Jan. 11 hoping he would tell me I was dilated to an 8 and it was time to have this baby.  Uh, not even close!!  I hadn’t changed from the week before and was still a 2.  I called Micha and yelled at him because it was obviously his fault and then I was just frustrated thinking this child would never come.  I knew all along that I would have her very close to the due date and I was fine with that, I just didn’t want to go past my due date.  I also didn’t want to be induced, I would rather her come when she is ready(plus I heard the labor is a lot harder when you are induced).  Anyways, I got up the next morning and decided to just have a lazy day and enjoy it.  My friend Andrea called me around 8:30 and I was telling her there was no change and I had no idea when this girl was coming.  As I was talking to her I walked into the kitchen to get Livy some food and there was a sudden “Gush”.  I calmly told her my water just broke and I would have to let her go.  I immediately called Micha and told him my water broke and to come and get me.  I wasn’t having contractions at this point and wasn’t sure when they would start up.  I jumped in the shower, got dressed, put some makeup on, made beds, and got my bag ready while I waited on Micha.  He got home and we dropped Livy off at Grandpa Bill’s and headed to the hospital.  I was admitted and the waiting game began!  The contractions started up so they gave me that wonderful pain medicine that just makes you feel happy and tired at the same time.  A couple hours later I got my epidural, but it only took on my right side so they had to redo it.  Once they got it right I was GREAT.  My mom & dad and Micha’s mom were there to keep us company.  Micha and my dad were doing their usual lame jokes with all the nurses that came in(they think they are pretty funny).  My doctor finally got there about 7:00.  I pushed for about 9 minutes(it felt like a whole lot longer!!) and our sweet little Ellie was born.  We stayed in the hospital 2 nights and came home Saturday afternoon.  Ellie has been an amazing baby!!  She rarely cries, eats great, and sleeps even BETTER!  I am hoping this isn’t temporary! We feel so blessed to have another healthy daughter. 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

She is beautiful - I love that head of hair. Plus, Ellie is a great name!

jennifer rogers said...

Welcome to the world little Ellie Harper!